Our weekly play readings start on Tuesday 23rd May at The Bear Pit Theatre.
The evenings are designed to read published play titles in a informal setting. Refreshments will be provided for what I hope will be a series of fun evenings.
We start off with Tuesday 23rd May at 7:30pm in The Bear Pit bar with two plays: Noel Coward’s Hay Fever & Alan Bennett’s Habeas Corpus.
- On Wednesday 31 May at 7:30pm in The Bear Pit bar we will be reading The 39 Steps a spoof on the classic novel by Patrick Barlow and A Small Family Business by Alan Ayckbourn.
- On Tuesday 6 June in The Bear Pit bar we will be reading David Edgar’s adaptation of Dicken’s novel, The life and adventures of Nicholas Nickleby followed by The Thwarting of Baron Bolligrew.
- On Tuesday 13 June in The Bear Pit bar we will be reading Blackadder Goes Fourth & Chekhov’s The Cherry Orchard
- On Tuesday 20 June in The Bear Pit bar we will be reading The Threepenny Opera followed by Alan Ayckbourn’s A Chorus of Disapproval.
- On Tuesday 27 June in The Bear Pit bar we will be reading Toast by Richard Bean Oh What a Lovely War by Joan Littlewood followed by a frantic comedy version of Around the World in 80 Days.
And finally, on Thursday 27th July at 7:30pm in The Bear Pit Theatre we will be holding auditions for some of our 2018 productions next year. Our 2018 programme is still to be confirmed, however, it will be a very special year for The Bear Pit as we celebrate our 10th anniversary.